The majority of social media is about expressing yourself and how you want people to see you. What kind of sports fan are you? Do you frequently opine on who made what deal and why? Do you live stream video games? And although making such choices is important, few social networking sites offer you the option to design your own avatar like Bitmoji. But that’s not where it ends.
Avatars created using Bitmoji may seem frighteningly similar to their creators. When you use Bitmoji, you can even take a photo of yourself and let the app generate an avatar for you, which you can then edit if it doesn’t turn out exactly as you wanted it. Bitmoji doesn’t mind if you use a character of a different gender than you. The Bitmoji you create is completely yours, so express yourself any way you want.
Changing your Bitmoji’s gender is as simple as following these steps. If it’s the first time you made it, are you obligated to use it forever? Whether you’re wondering if you’ll ever be able to change your Bitmoji avatar again, don’t worry. With only a few clicks on the screen, you’ll be able to start again with a new Bitmoji whenever you want.
Changing the Gender of Your Bitmoji
Unfortunately, you can’t just modify your Bitmoji’s gender to make a change. The only way to get your Bitmoji working again is to do a factory reset. Resetting your Bitmoji gives you a fresh start and gives you the option to choose the gender of your Bitmoji since it is the first option you are given when creating your Bitmoji.
When you do a Bitmoji reset, you’ll lose all of your Bitmoji’s data. In a sense, you’re making room for a new Bitmoji by removing the old one. Everything from your hair and facial characteristics to your clothes will be gone.
Before you ask, you can only use Bitmoji’s mobile app to send emojis. Bitmoji’s website won’t let you make any changes to your Bitmoji whatsoever.
How do I change the gender of my Bitmoji?
You can change your gender by resetting your avatar in the Bitmoji app. Please follow these steps.
- In the Bitmoji app, tap on the Gear icon in the top-right corner
- Tap ‘My Data’
- Tap ‘Reset Avatar’
- Confirm you want to reset your avatar
How to change your Bitmoji gender on Snapchat?
If you follow these steps, you will be able to find out how to accomplish it:
- Visit your Snapchat profile page and choose the settings button located in the top-right corner of your screen to change your settings.
- Continue to scroll until you find the Bitmoji option.
- To open it, just tap it.
- If you click on the Edit My Bitmoji button, you will be able to alter the look or clothing of your avatar, but not the gender.
- So, hit the Unlink My Bitmoji.
- Confirm your decision by selecting the Unlink option from the pop-up menu.
- Now go to your profile page, or you may select Create my Bitmoji to create a new avatar with the gender of another avatar.
I hope you found this tutorial to be useful and that you were able to successfully alter the gender of your Bitmoji on Snapchat. If you have any further questions, please post them in the comments section below.