“How to add friends on Spotify – I discovered a friend on Spotify by entering Spotify: user:(their username code) and although I can see and like their playlists, there is no option to add them and see what they are listening to. Any suggestions?” On Spotify Community, by Amazonia2807.
“How can I locate a buddy on Spotify if I know their email address but they do not have a Facebook account? Several folks recommended that I add Spotify friends through Facebook. However, many of my pals do not have a Facebook account. Is it possible to add friends to Spotify without using Facebook? And how can I add Spotify friends without using Facebook?” Additionally, by chellievista in the Spotify Community.
If you have similar queries and look for them on Spotify Community, you will discover that there are a large number of individuals that share your desire. The majority of users want to add friends on Spotify in order to share their playlists or songs with others. However, the majority of them have no clue how to add Spotify pals. We’d like to expose you to many methods for adding friends on Spotify in this tutorial. Meanwhile, you may learn how to share Spotify songs or playlists with others by downloading and converting them, which enables you to share Spotify music with people who do not have a Spotify account.
How to Add a Spotify Friend through Facebook
There are many methods for adding friends to Spotify. The most often utilized method of adding friends to Spotify is via Facebook. This would be a lot simpler if you and your pals also had Facebook accounts.
The following steps will demonstrate how to add friends to Spotify through Facebook:
- To begin, you must link your Spotify and Facebook accounts. To do so, open the Spotify Desktop app and go to Spotify/Edit > Preferences > Social > Facebook. If it is not already linked, click Connect to Facebook.
- After linking Spotify to your Facebook account, open the Spotify app and go to “Activity > People to Follow.”
- Click the “View All” option to view all of your Facebook friends on Spotify. Spotify will compile a list of all your pals who have used the service.
- After that, choose the people you want to add.
Connecting Spotify to your Facebook account is the simplest and most convenient method to add friends to Spotify. If you have previously linked Spotify to your Facebook account but do not see any Facebook friends listed under “Activity > People to Follow,” try reconnecting Spotify to your Facebook account by unticking the “Connect to Facebook” option in the first step.
If you continue to have difficulty locating your friends, you may need to change your Facebook settings. This is how:
- On a desktop computer, go to Facebook and choose the Settings menu in the top-right corner.
- Choose Apps, followed by Spotify.
- Ensure that your Friends list is selected. If it is, try unticking and then reticking it.
If this does not resolve the issue, you may need to log out and back into Spotify in order to renew Spotify’s access to your Facebook data.
How to Add a Spotify Friend Without Using Facebook
How can you add friends to Spotify if they don’t have a Facebook account? Is it possible to add friends to Spotify without having a Facebook account? To be honest, it would be a little more complex or difficult if your buddies did not have a Facebook account. However, you may still add friends to Spotify.
Without Using Facebook, Add a Friend to Spotify
To discover how to add friends on Spotify without a Facebook account, follow the instructions below:
- You must first determine your friends’ Spotify user names.
- Then, using Spotify’s internal browser, enter Spotify:user: username into the search box. (Note that the username must be lowercase.) This will assist you in locating your pals. The more precisely the user name is entered, the more precise the result.
- Once you’ve located your friend’s profile, open it and then click the “Add…” link at the top of the page to begin following them on Spotify.
To expedite the process, you might try entering your friend’s name straight into the search box and then hoping for the best.
After you’ve added your Spotify pals, you can access the “Followers” section of your Spotify app to see who has followed you.