A popular, easy, and free method to keep in contact with family and friends, no matter where they are in the world, is via Facebook and its Messenger app. The plethora of stickers, gifs, and emoticons that you may send to your Facebook friends, as well as the ability to wave as a fun and unique method of saying “Hello,” may further contribute to its popularity.
However, it seems that the popular wave function is no longer supported by the new, upgraded Messenger application. If you are still on an earlier version of Facebook Messenger (or for future reference in the event that this feature is brought back), here is how you can wave to your Facebook friends and Facebook Messenger friends at the same time
Is There a Waving Button?
Unfortunately, there is no waving option available in the Facebook Messenger program at this time. To be quite honest, the buttons used to be there, but they were deleted as of a result of the UI’s redesign. The upgrade took place in April 2020, and it also removed the Discover section from the site altogether.
So, because we are unable to use the simple method to communicate on Facebook at this time, let’s find out how to communicate at all.
You get one automatic wave when you add a new contact
When you add a new contact in Messenger, a new message will display even if neither of you has responded to the previous message. You will get a notice from the program itself when you open this message, informing you that your new buddy is waving at you (and the familiar yellow hand will display). You’ll be given the opportunity to wave back automatically; just touch the second waving hand symbol! This, however, will only work once in a while. A little technique will be required in order to wave at a long-time Messenger buddy.
Wave to a new friend
Whenever you add a new friend on Facebook or import a new contact into Messenger, you’ll be alerted that a new discussion has begun between you, even if no one has sent you a message just yet. The app will send you a notification stating that your new buddy is waving at your location after you start this chat.
By tapping the yellow waving hand sign, you will be given the option of automatically sending a wave back to the sender. This option, however, will only be available once, once a new buddy has been added to the game account. If you want to send a wave to a long-time Facebook friend, you’ll have to go through a few extra hoops to do so.
how to wave through messenger app
As long as your buddy is presently active on Facebook Messenger, you may simply send a wave to a friend with whom you’ve previously communicated through the platform. If you’re using a smartphone or a tablet, follow these steps to wave via the Messenger application:
- Activate the Messenger application on your smartphone.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on the People icon. From there, choose the Active tab at the top of the screen to see a list of your Facebook friends who are presently online.
- In the future, you will see a grey circle with a waving hand symbol next to each person who is currently active on your friend’s list.
- If you want to send a wave to someone, all you have to do is touch on the Hello Button (a waving hand) that is situated next to their name on the screen.
- Your buddy will now be greeted with a wave from you and will have the choice to reciprocate.
how to wave through Facebook website
Sending a wave via the Facebook website when using a laptop or a desktop computer may even be simpler and handier since the website enables you to wave to your friends even when they are not active. You just need to follow these easy steps to send a wave via Facebook:
- Log into your Facebook account by visiting facebook.com and entering your e-mail address and password.
- An area for chat will be found in the bottom-right corner of your screen while you are on your Home page. If it has been minimized, click the Chat area to bring it back to life.
- You will now see a list of your friends, with the names of those who are presently active being indicated by a green dot next to their names on the list.
- Choose a buddy to whom you’d want to send a wave by hovering the mouse over their name on the screen. In the future, the Direct Wave Button (represented by a grey waving hand) will appear next to their name.
- To send a wave to a friend, just click on the Direct Wave Button that appears next to their name.
- Upon receiving your wave, your buddy will have the opportunity to reciprocate by waving back at you as well.
Send a wave back to a friend
To wave back at someone who has welcomed you to Facebook Messenger or has just sent you a wave first simply follows these simple instructions:
- Facebook Messenger should now display the message in question.
- A yellow hand symbol with the words “X (the other person) is waving at you” and “Tap to wave back” will display on the screen.
- To respond with a wave, just press the yellow hand symbol with a waving motion.
- In the next few seconds, you will receive a notification that says, “You and X waved at each other.”
Emojis and other options
Another option to spice up your new waving skills is to use the “emoji” button on your keyboard. Using either the Facebook website or the Messenger app, create a new chat window with a particular friend on the Facebook platform. An emoji list should emerge when you touch or click on a circular smiley face that should appear in or around the text box (on my phone, I had to move from the “stickers” page to the emoji tab in order for this to work). You may now include a wide range of facial expressions and hand movements!
Instead of responding with a Waving Back on Facebook Messenger, try sending other Emojis to your friends and family. Emojis are a wonderful method to communicate with your friends and to understand their feelings. Spread the love and express your emotions via Emojis. So all you have to do is the following:
- Open the Messenger application.
- To begin a discussion with a message, choose it from the list of messages.
- There will be a ‘Smiley Face’ symbol at the bottom of the page.
- To use the icon, just click on it.
- You will be presented with a list of Emojis, GIFs, and Stickers to experiment with.
- Send your favorite Emojis, GIFs, or Stickers that you would want to send to the person you are communicating with.
how to delete wave in messenger
If you’ve inadvertently waved at a buddy, you’re no longer in touch with him or her anymore. Don’t be ashamed, since Facebook provides an opportunity to reverse the wave if necessary. To do this, follow the procedures outlined below:
Step 1- Act quickly since you only have 10 minutes to reverse the virtual wave that has been created. Navigate to the Facebook chat room where you sent the wave.
step 2-is to just hold and long-press on the Wave symbol that was accidentally delivered to you until a tiny menu shows on the screen.
Step 3- Select the Remove option and then select the “Remove for Everyone” checkbox.
After a few moments, your Facebook wave should have vanished from both your and your friend’s chat window. Pheew!